Showdown Series is Red Dead Online‘s PVP multiplayer playlist comprised of several competitive modes. These range from classic a team deathmatch to Red Dead Online‘s own take on Battle Royale. As of this writing during the beta, there’s no way to queue for one particular mode. Instead, you’ll join either the regular Showdown Series playlist or Showdown Series Large playlist.
If you join a Showdown lobby and are given the option to spectate, that means you’ve joined a lobby with a game already in progress.
Below are all the Showdown modes we’ve encountered so far, along with tips for each. Got a tip? Let us know in the comments or add it to the page yourself by signing in and hit the edit button in the Page Tools drop down menu.
- Make It Count
- Name Your Weapon
- Hostile Territory
- Most Wanted
Make It Count
“A true test of resourcefulness: use nothing but a bow and a handful of arrows to be the last one standing. With a gradually shrinking player area, there’s nowhere to run.”
Essentially, this is Red Dead Online‘s Battle Royale mode.
Variations: Bow and Arrow, Throwing Knives
Tips for Make It Count:
- Crouch and Keep Moving! If you stand still your position will be revealed on the map.
- After a few seconds, you should probably check the map to see which people are standing still for too long to scope out their exact positions.
- Press down on the D-pad to briefly expand your minimap when there’s a bright red indicator near you to quickly check if you can see an enemy’s position.
- Be sure you’re player perspective is zoomed out as far as possible to keep an eye on your surroundings.
- If there are still a lot of players left, try not to shoot unless you know you’ll get the kill. Don’t reveal your position!
Name Your Weapon
“Demonstrate your personal specialty in this [mode]: the trickier the weapon you use to land the killing blow, the more points you get.”
Variations: Free-for-All and Teams
Name Your Weapon Point Multipliers:
- Repeater x1
- Revolver x2
- Shotgun x3
- Maxim Gun x5
- Sniper/Tomahawk x6
- Melee x7
- Free-for-All Only: Explosive Arrow x9 (You can usually get these near the train)
Tips for Name Your Weapon:
“A classic gunfight.” Compete with other players on teams or solo to get the most kills before time runs out.
Variations: Free-for-All, Teams
Tips for Shootout
- Unless you’re being guarded by friends, try not to be still for too long.
- Try to pick up better weapons as soon as you get into the match.
- Don’t run in straight lines.
“Work in teams to control the land. Capture a territory to start racking up points: the team with the most points wins – or you can win outright by capturing every territory.”
Tips for Hostile Territory:
- Defending a point is just as important as capturing one. Make note of the weapons that spawn in the point you’ve captured and use them to your advantage to defend.
- Try capturing points on the outskirts of the map.
- Follow teammates if you’re having a hard time surviving. Sometimes you can overwhelm the enemy with numbers.
- Pick up special weapons littered around the map. Shotguns are especially powerful and are great for defending a point.
“Kill other players to rise up the leaderboard; the higher you get, the more points you’re worth.”
Tips for Most Wanted:
- Before the match starts you can buy items to help you survive in the “Provisions” section of the menu. You can purchase ammo and provisions like Health Cure and Snake Oil.
- Run for the special weapons throughout the map. The shotgun is especially effective.
- Chances are other people are running to kill the Most Wanted player on the map. Try to use that to your advantage and pick off enemy players as they scramble for that person.
- Never run in a straight line.
Was this guide helpful?